Our latest news . . .
At our July 1st meeting, President Craig was joined by his best friend and partner, Megan, and their son Sam and daughter Abby. (Son Bennett and daughter Hannah unable to be in attendance.)
- Born in Flint and grew up in Grand Blanc with 2 brothers
- Attended Michigan Tech and got two degrees in medical technology and business administration
- After college Craig worked for the family business selling antique reproduction wooden toys and then sold insurance for two years
- Was hired by a pharmaceutical company in Royal Oak and got a job in Traverse City!
- Craig and his wife, Megan, of almost 25 years! live in Traverse City and have 4 children
- Bennett is 22 and currently attends Michigan State University
- Hannah attended Grand Valley State University, is an outgoing performer, and is living downstate
- Sam just graduated from TC Central and is headed to Michigan Tech in the fall, currently works at the GT Resort
- Abby will be a Junior at TC Central and plays soccer for the Trojans
- The Weckler’s are huge Tiger fans, love to be outdoors and go camping, have made many family trips to Disney World, and just like to have fun together
Let's "Be a gift to the World"!
- Craig welcomed us all to a new year in Rotary where the theme is “Be a gift to the world”
- We’re called to work as a team to make the world a better place both here in Traverse City and in the wider world
- Craig reminded our Club of the good work done by members in Honduras in 2013 and encouraged all members to think about getting involved in our Global Service Committee (next meeting is Thursday, July 9 at noon at the Baird Offices)
- He plans to form a new Committee this year focused on the New Member experience
- Craig has learned much about leadership from people like his Uncle Ron, who was a quiet, calm leader, and strives to be like him
- Teamwork will be the foundation on which we build an even better TC Sunrise Rotary this year – all are encouraged to work hard, find their place in our Club, and have FUN!